Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Rainy Day

This weekend, was beautiful. The sun was shining. David, me, Julie, Jacob, Mishka, Emily, Evan & a few others had a picnic at the park. We saw the Air & Water Show. Not bad view from Briar Park. It wasn't as jammed as North Ave. Beach. David woke up on Shabbat morning feeling yucky, but he still made it to minyan odin. I, on the other hand felt fine, but barely made it to kiddush at shul. By picnic time, David still didn't feel good. It just got worse and worse. The next day, we were supposed to go to Great America with Jacob & Julie, but then Jacob got sick. David was feeling a bit better, so we went to Starved Rock & the new outlet mall in Aurora (Michigan City is better, but not bad). By the end of the day, David still felt yucky. He ended up staying home from work on Monday. I wish he would eat. I made him some soup yesterday. He hasn't eaten anything except powerade since Friday night & soup. The stomach bug is no fun. Last night after Tamar's class (sh'koyach!) at shul, we took a walk. I wanted to try cold stone icecream. I guess the ingredients are kosher & when they sell it in the store its hechshered...so that was good enough for me. It was really rich...a little too rich for my taste, but yummy! David had a spoonful & loved it. I tried tempting him to eat more, but his stomach just couldn't take it. For me, icecream cures everything. but I guess gatorade for David attempts to cure stomach bugs.
We walked outside to a huge rainstorm this morning. By the time,we reached the car, we were soaked...especially David. He ran ahead without the umbrella as I took my sweet time. I think tonight will be a stay-in night. We wanted to go to the movie at Grant Park, but its supposed to rain. I wish the last week of August wouldn't be so rainy! Maybe we'll go out for icecream instead tonight.

No comments: