Tuesday, August 17, 2004

No fair!

David & I had a wonderful Shabbat. Saturday, we even walked to Millenium Park with Andrew, Julie, Neer, Simona & a few others. It was a beautiful day. Once we got back...a few hours later, everyone felt a sense of accomplishment. Saturday night, we watched Vertigo with some friends at our place. I'm not sure if I liked the movie. It is definitely a classic & kept my attention, but the plot was a bit weird. I guess that goes with most Hitchcock movies. We were up so late Saturday night, I almost didn't get up Sunday morning. Thanks to David, I woke up just in time to take a quick shower and go to Ali & Ben Rosenthal's baby's bris. I'm really happy I went, even though I could have used the extra sleep. The baby is precious....Gavriel Shalom. It was really fun to see some new & old faces...lots of catching up. After the bris, David and I drove to Lake Geneva for the afternoon. I wasn't too impressed. Who ever heard of paying to go to the beach? Even on the most beautiful beaches in California or Cape Cod, you don't have to pay. Lake Geneva...an ok beach...not the greatest charges $7 to sit on the sand and take a swim. We didn't go to the beach. Instead we just walked around the town...its cute, but nothing too exciting. After two hours, we drove back to Chicago. We made one stop at Winnetka Park (on Lake Michigan) & had a small bbq with my mom & step-father. It got soo cold that evening, but at least we had quality family time.

I saw some family & friends this weekend. Overall, I had a good weekend.

Besides a little halachic issue that hopefully will be resolved soon, I can't complain. No more jealousy. My brother is home from Israel. He had an amazing time on birthright. I'm a bit annoyed that he didn't stay for my cousin's wedding. He said he'll go back soon. I hope going to Israel helped give him more of a connection to Judaism. He needs to spiritually grow. Tonight David and I are going to the Outdoor Movie at Grant Park. The summer is almost over. I guess we have to take advantage of the last days of summer in the city.

No comments: