Thursday, August 12, 2004

Many brachas..

I've been blessed the past few weeks with so many things, except one - the green monster of jealousy. Thank G-d my mom's CAT scan shows no more cancer. She is almost recovered from her surgery. Its such a miracle. She is doing wonderfully. In a few weeks, she'll even get to go back to work. I just started at job at Torah Learning Center of Northbrook as Program Coordinator...so far so good. My husband, David is wonderful. We carpool to work every morning. I hate waking up in the morning to drive the north suburbs. Its such a shlep. It gives us time to catch up though. My brother is in Israel..finally on Birthright! I'm so happy he's having an outstanding time and might even be staying for my cousin, Andy's wedding. I'm so happy that my cousin is getting married to a wonderful gal from Queens. May they build a bayit neeman Yisael in Israel where they reside. The wedding is in Israel. My brother is in Israel. A lot of my family & friends are in Israel. Do you know where this is going? I'm not in Israel & thats why I'm soo jealous of everyone who is. Everyday I stare at my brother's itinerary for birthright and wish that I was on top of Masada, in the Dead Sea, davening at the kotel, dancing on Ben Yehuda St, on and on and on. I was in Israel 5 years ago and said I would go back in 6 months and I haven't been back yet. Right now, plane tickets are $1200 in August (peak season), David & I just simply can't swing it now. This jealousy has got me, yet I'm sooooo incredibly happy for everyone and wish I could share in such a wonderful simcha. Mazel tov Andy & Nili!!!

No comments: